Monday 18 May 2009

Dreaming about the marathon.............

I ended up having 4 days without running. I was planning to have 3 days off: Thursday, Friday and Saturday but on Sunday Steve was working and I promised to take Matthew out for the day. I got into my running kit before we went out but then looked out the window and it was absolutely tipping down with rain and I confess, I just couldn't stand the thought of going out in it. By the time we got back from our trip it was too late to run. I consoled myself with the fact that it probably wouldn't hurt to have another rest day.

Anyway, I thought I would tell you about 2 dreams I have had recently. The first one was a couple of weeks ago:

I was running the marathon and it was taking me hours and hours. At one point I stopped at a burger van and queued for ages to get a burger. Then I carried on running and it was getting dark. I was still only 7 miles into it and I was starting to feel really despondent thinking that I would never complete it. Nobody else still seemed to be running and I was all alone on this dark path with woods to one side of me.

My latest dream was a couple of nights ago:

I was staying with my friend who lives in Ireland. I was having a nice time just relaxing and in holiday mode. I was sat, eating breakfast and blogging on my laptop.

Then my friend's little girl needed the toilet and I said that I would take her. For some reason I needed to take her to a public toilet a few streets away.

Whilst I was waiting for her I suddenly realised that this was the day of the marathon and that it started at 9am. I desperately started looking round for a clock and then I found one but I couldn't quite make out the time. I stared and stared at it and eventually worked out that it was a couple of minutes to 9.

I got into a real panic and ran back to the house to get my running kit, leaving the little girl in the toilet. I got back to the house and started scrambling around trying to find my running kit. I was really furious with myself that I hadn't been more organised. I was getting everything tangled up and didn't have everything I needed. I didn't know my way to the start but I knew that I was going to have to run to get there and even then I was going to be late!

I have also had one other night when I suddenly bolted awake, in a complete stress thinking that I had forgotten a whole lot of training that I was supposed to do for the marathon. I woke up thinking "how could I have forgotten that".

No comments:

Post a Comment