Tuesday 26 May 2009

The final countdown!



So here it is my running number. Everything feels a bit surreal at the moment. I can't believe that after months of training, I'm actually going to be running a marathon in 5 days time.

It's all the more strange because I haven't run for a week now, to rest my knee. A week without running feels very odd. I'm tempted to go out and do a couple of miles, but I'm scared to do anything to jeopardise the big day! My knee feels fine but then I guess that's because I haven't been running on it. I really have no idea what it's going to be like on the day.

I've booked a massage for Thursday at a physiotherapy clinic in Cheltenham. That's my treat for making it this far. I also bought myself this new running top today. Now I know that it is breaking a fundamental rule of marathon running to wear something new on the day, but I figured I'd probably be all right with just a top. The trouble was I had been burying my head in the sand and only had a long sleeved proper running top or a short sleeved cotton t-shirt. It looks like the weather is going to be warm so I decided that I must have a short sleeved running top. I really should have bought this earlier to try it out on one of my long runs.

We are flying to Edinburgh on Friday. I have just sorted out all the details, booked the airport parking, printed off the flight details, looked up the buses from the airport in Edinburgh to the hotel. It's all becoming real! I AM GOING TO RUN A MARATHON ON SUNDAY!

I've even stopped drinking wine for the week! Now that's serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment