Tuesday 12 May 2009

Week 18, 11/5/09 - Monday

Time of day: 19:50
Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 47:10
Weather: Sunny

A late run for me. It was a very pleasant evening, sunny and warm. I took a completely new route. The roads were very quiet and there were a couple of decent hills. About 2 miles into it I started to get a mild niggle in my right knee. I ran for another mile and then did a couple of walks in the last mile and a half. I did feel I could have run through the pain, it wasn't that bad, but like I said in my last post I'm feeling very cautious at this stage. I thought to myself: "I don't have anything to prove, I know I can run 20 miles so there is no problem in walking for a few minutes". The walking definitely helped and at the end my knee felt fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment