Saturday 16 May 2009

Week 18, 13/5/09 - Wednesday

Time of day: 6am (ish)
Distance: About a mile running.

This was the first time I had done a very early run for ages. I wasn't keen on getting up and doing it but I knew it was the only time I would get today. I was planning to do a 10 mile run on Thursday.

I don't know whether it was because I didn't warm up properly but about a mile into the run my right knee started to hurt. This bothered me because on the last two runs it has been fine until about 2 miles, so I think it's getting worse rather than better. Taking no chances I decided to abandon the run and walk home.

I've done a bit of an internet search and really I'm still none the wiser. It would appear it's one of two things either ITB or runner's knee (I can't remember the proper name for it). Well whatever it is I decided I would have 3 days of no running at all and then see how it is. I figure that I've trained quite well for this marathon and taking a few days off at this stage isn't going to do any harm, whereas running on a sore knee might.

No comments:

Post a Comment