Wednesday 6 May 2009

Week 17, 4/5/09 - Monday

Time of day: ??Can't remember (I'm lost without my garmin!)

Distance: ??approximately 4 + miles

Time: 45 minutes (this I do know, I had a watch on)

Weather: Drizzle



My first run after 4 days off. I was feeling quite refreshed and planned to run to Robinswood Hill and back. Before my garmin had even connected with the friendly satellites in the sky it was saying low battery. This threw me out a bit, I'm so reliant on it. I toyed with the idea of charging it up but thought that I would probably never make it out if I did that.

I took a few paths that I had never gone on before and also listened to my I-Pod for the first time in ages. I always used to run with music but when I started training for the marathon I decided I would try running without it. Then I got to the point that I found it irritating and distracting to have my i-pod with me. Today however, I listened to Michael Macintyre's comedy show which kept me laughing - a strange sight I'm sure for any passers by.

I don't know why but I didn't run as far as I had planned, partly because of the lack of garmin I think and partly because I had been feeling a bit under the weather over the weekend and I was worried about overdoing it before my next big run on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment