Wednesday 15 April 2009

Week 14 - 15/4/09, Wednesday

Time of day: 0700
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:24:06
Weather: Cloud then rain.

It was hard to get myself out initially but once I got going I felt fine. I tried to incorporate a couple of hills, but they weren't really anything to speak of. I stopped at Sainsbury's at 5 miles to use their toilet and apply some vaseline. Chafing is becoming more of a problem, and makes the post run shower a painful experience. The trouble is I'm doing 4 runs a week, so nothing is getting a chance to heal before I'm subjecting it to more abuse. I think I might need to invest in some expensive running kit.

I filled out all my UNICEF forms today and ordered a T shirt to run in on the day. Now I'm feeling more confident I'm actually going to do it, I need to get down to getting some sponsors. Last night I printed off a copy of the route, which has made it all seem more real. I can now visualise where I will be running. I'm really pleased that our aparment where we are staying is only a couple of streets away from the start. I'm really starting to feel quite excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment