Saturday 18 April 2009

Week 14 - 18/4/09, Saturday

Time of day: 06:42
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 28:02
Weather: Overcast

Since my 8 mile run on Wednesday I have had some pain and swelling on the top of my right foot. In fact on Thursday it was hard to get my shoe on. After a bit of internet diagnosis I think it is probably 'extensor tendonitis', which apparently is an inflammation of the tendon that connects your big toe to the rest of your foot. Factors that can make it worse are: 1) tying up your shoe laces too tight, and 2) not stretching your calf muscles. Both of which I have done recently. I was pain free before and during my run today, but it's a little bit painful after the run. I will be doing a 1 - 1.5 hour run tomorrow so I hope it's OK for then. On the positive side my chafing problem seems to be resolving!

Today's run was uneventful. I ran at a good pace, doing 3 miles in 28 minutes, which I felt pleased with.

No comments:

Post a Comment