Sunday 22 March 2009

Week 10 - 16/3/09 - Wednesday

Time of day: 6pm
Distance: 3.84 miles
Time: 44.24
Weather: Clear

Frustratingly, my blocked ear has returned and also this cold seems to have gone down onto my chest. So, a dilemma: the rule is that if you have a cold that is only a head cold - OK to run. If it's on your chest - Don't run. Now, a couple of weeks ago, I ran with a head cold, then got an ear infection and then couldn't run for a week, it really doesn't seem like I've shaken this off completely and I'm finding it difficult to decide whether to run, a bit, a lot or not at all. Aaaarggghh!!!

I went back to the osteopath (I think I mentioned before, it was the osteopath who sorted out my recurrent ear infections in the past) and he again said he thinks I'm overdoing it, pushing my body further than it's happy with. But isn't that the point? That's why I want to do a marathon, because I want to challenge myself. Anyway he was quite sensible really and advised me to listen to my body whilst I am still under the weather. I can't believe a simple cold is causing such a problem.

Anyway I did decide to go to running club tonight because it is the one session I really enjoy. I thought I would just take it easy and not push myself to hard. As it was I probably did push myself quite hard. We did a pyramid session, 1:1, 2:2, 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, 4:4, 3:3, 2:2, 1:1. I enjoyed it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment