Sunday 29 March 2009

Week 11 - 23/3/09 - Saturday

Time of day: 9 am
Distance: 6.3 miles
Time: 1:17
Weather: Fine

This was first attempt at a longer run for a couple of weeks. I ran with the Cotswold All Runners, most of whom I don't really know.

It was a hilly run up over the golf course at Painswick beacon and then down through the woods. I certainly struggled with the uphill stretches and had to stop and walk a few times. As I'm usually a road runner, it was a constant challenge to stay upright, looking out for roots and rocks. I did enjoy that though, the mental effort required did something to take my mind off the physical discomfort.

I was grateful to Simon, the coach for giving me some well needed input into my revised marathon schedule. I'm finding it hard to know how to adapt my training as I've not really done the long runs I had planned. Only eight weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment