Friday 27 March 2009

Week 11 - 23/3/09 - Thursday

Time of day: 13:43
Distance: 3 miles
Time: 31.06
Weather: Cloud/drizzle

This was my first run for nearly a week. I have been giving myself a break to get back to optimum health, but it's taking longer than I would like and I'm finding it hard to balance the need to get the miles in and the need to really shake this bug off.

This was an easy 3 mile run. I ran a familiar route with a slow uphill climb for the first mile. It always feels a bit tough at first, but things start to get easier after about 2 miles. I didn't feel any worse than I normally do, despite having a lingering chesty cough.

I've had to make quite a few changes to my training plan to accommodate my recent lack of running. I'm hoping that it will be sufficient to get me round on the day. It's really my long runs that have been lacking. I need to get some decent distances under my belt, but unfortunately it is those that seem to keep setting me back.

I'm going to do 6 miles tomorrow and then start putting in some long runs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment