Monday 2 March 2009

Week 7 - 23/2/09

Monday

Time of day: 05:45
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 52:34

I was pleased to get my run out of the way, first thing on Monday. I was feeling a bit under the weather with a cold but well enough to run and actually felt much better afterwards.

Wednesday

Time of day: 6pm
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 36:10

Running club.
5 minute run, 2 minute walk
10 minute run, 3 minute walk
6 minute run.

I ran at around 9 - 91/2 minute mile pace, which is quite speedy for me. I enjoyed this session, but felt pretty tired afterwards.

Friday

Time of run: 6am
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 41:24

I ran on my own. Still feeling a bit under the weather with a cough and cold. Felt quite hard work.

Saturday

Time of run: 10.30am
Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:28:36

I was still feeling a bit poorly with a cold but really didn't want to miss my long run. With hindsight I think this was a bit foolish as it was more on my chest than it had been earlier in the week. I ran with James, my eldest son. He cycled and I ran. All went well for the first 6 miles, until James cycled through some vomit on the pavement and from that point on refused to get back on his bike! What's that saying about never work with animals or children, I think that could be applied to running too! The last couple of miles were frustratingly slow and disjointed, with me running a hundred metres away from James and then back to him whilst he walked (and whinged). Still, I was pleased to complete the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment