Tuesday 31 March 2009

Week 12 - 31/3/09 - Tuesday

Time of day: 6pm
Distance: 2.3 miles
Weather: Fine

A running club run. We only did a short run, but it was certainly hard work. We ran from the leisure centre in Stroud and did some dynamic stretches by the lake, much to the consternation of the swans.

Then we set off. I find it quite a different experience running with other people, as I've never been a member of a club before. I'm used to running mainly on my own, or with one other person, so running in a group is quite alien to me. I am enjoying the companionship though, it does make the run go faster.

The first mile was a steady climb uphill. I did not enjoy this at all. My chest is still a bit wheezy and I feel that hills are quite unmanageable at the moment. I did try though. I set myself little targets: "I'll just get to the next telegraph pole" I didn't manage to keep running all the way up the hill, but I did push myself and it has made me realise the benefits of training in a hilly area. My runs are usually completely flat, so I think that is something I will have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment